Friday, May 20, 2016

Looking For Work? Panda Express Is Hiring...


Tonight, my wife pointed out a poster in the window of a local business we walked by. Apparently, they're hiring. It's a fast food place, so the fact that they're hiring is not unusual. The poster pointed out (literally...) the company is not just hiring front-line workers, but Assistant Mangers and even General Mangers.

"So I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious." Kip Dynamite

We see the Now Hiring signs everywhere, to the point where we almost don't see them. My oldest son returned from his LDS mission in February. Before he left he worked at a fast food place. The first thing we did the day after he got home was to go see Star Wars: The Force Awakens. After the movie, his grandparents took us all out to eat. I remember we drove past about ten restaurants and every one one of them advertised for help. From the back seat, we'd hear, "Hey, that place is hiring." Followed by, "That place is hiring, too." It made me see the Now Hiring signs possibly for the first time. 

Even at the food preparation establishments where they are not advertising for new employees, just tell them you're interested and a position will open up pretty soon I imagine. The sign we saw tonight said that a General Manager could earn $48K/year.

Is that a lot? Some might say it's too much. Some (especially those who work in the industry...), might say it's not enough. I've worked in a couple of restaurants in my life and I can't even begin to imagine how difficult a job like that actually is.

I don't want you to think I'm saying that all the people not working should rush out and get these jobs. For starters, not everyone can do the job. Some are just not "people people." They'd fail miserably. Others are not organized enough to keep up with the pace. But, the poster gave me information I didn't know, that some of these places are paying a pretty good wage for a pretty tough job.

"That's all I have to say about that." Forrest Gump

No comments:

Post a Comment