Thursday, March 2, 2017

Spent The Day With A Bunch Of Ballroom Dancers...It Was Great


Last Saturday I found myself in Cache County for an all-day Ballroom Dance Competition. I've never been to a ballroom dance competition, let alone one that lasted an entire day. I've been to competitions, gymnastics, soccer games, even a debate tournament, but this one was special. 


The competition was between several dance studios along the Wasatch Front. My daughter's studio is Silhouette Studio in Bountiful. They did a great job. They had group dances in the morning and early afternoon, and then my daughter didn't dance again until almost 10pm. That left a lot of time in between dances to enjoy the moments.


Back when my daughter did gymnastics, we went to plenty of meets. They never lasted as long as this one did. And there were never this many participants. There were ballroom dancers and dance parents as far as the eye could see.


We did have that huge break between dances. At times, we wished we could have gone home and come back, but that wouldn't have been reasonable. But, at the end of the day, we were glad we stayed. The dancers from the our studio were very successful.


After the competition, we drove through Sardine Canyon on our way home. It can be a tricky road at times. We had a little fog, avoided the speed trap at Mantua, and made it safely home. There will be other competitions, hopefully. But this one, like I said, it was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment