Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Immortal Works Flash Fiction Friday...Your Story Could Be Chosen!

Image may contain: text

 Immortal Works announced a contest today. They're accepting submissions for their Flash Fiction Friday. And the top three contestants will not only get their story featured at the next Salt Lake FanX Comic Convention, but they'll also get a free e-book (if given the chance, I'd ask for a free e-book version of Chaser, coming soon...).

This is the kind of contest that can literally start a career. My writing career began by submitting a short story for a steampunk anthology. That story came out in 2013. I submitted another story to the same publisher--Xchyler--and they printed that one as well. The publisher printed one more of my short stories. From there I published a collection of short stories, Speckled, and my first novel, Chaser, came out earlier this year. It gave me confidence and I was able to meet some amazingly talented authors, many who have become good friends.

Now, I'm not saying by just submitting a story to this contest will make you a famous author overnight, nor am I saying that my career has skyrocketed since 2013. I am saying that something like this can get your foot in the door. You'll also be introduced to a publisher and hopefully several authors as well. 

I'm not 100% sure what "to be featured at FanX 2018" means. The contest was just announced. But seriously, what have you got to lose? If you'd like to submit a story, click: HERE for more information. Come on! Give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment