Thursday, July 12, 2018

Beautiful Morning...Then Beautiful Sunset


One advantage of getting up early to walk a puppy around the yard is, if by the off chance there happens to be an incredible sunrise, you have a higher probability of seeing it. And if you have access to a camera while you're walking around, you can catch the beauty of the morning--or try to, anyway. A few days ago, I did exactly that.


Sunrises are tricky. They seem to disappear quicker than a colorful sunset. The sky really was amazing but I had a tough time getting a good picture, or at least, a picture that caught most of what I was seeing. As color drained from the clouds, turning them to white, I felt good that I had captured at least a picture or two that was good.


There's no guarantee that a good sunset will follow a good sunrise.


But it happened a few days ago--in a big way.


The clouds hung around all day and when the sun sat in the west, the colors returned and lit up the entire sky. When that happens, I end up taking a lot of pictures. I picked the best ones to show here. With the telephoto lens, I can get the entire picture to glow a brilliant orange.



As we watched and took pictures, a storm grew and we heard thunder. I even caught the very end of a lightning strike. If you look at the above picture, right along the left-side edge, you can see a faint white line. Lightning. I wish I had the camera just a little to the left when I snapped the picture. It would have been cool.


In looking at another shot, I saw what looks like an enormous head looking down at our house. I never spotted it when I took the picture.

I love a good sunset. I love a good sunrise. I love when I can get both in one day, just like what happened a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment