Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sunday Evening Stroll...On The Trail


Because we now have a puppy, a puppy that loves to run and exercise, we've been more active. I mean, it's not the dog's fault he needs to run around several times a day. For the second time in as many weeks, we loaded up the dog in the minivan and drove a few miles west to a trail that runs east of our local amusement park. It's called Lagoon Trail.

I'm pretty sure I appreciate it more as I get older.


I've noticed it's been a warm summer, not just here, but other places as well (can't really say it's been a hot summer where I live--it's been an average summer...). Normally, we stay inside all day and night when it's hot, but the pull of the puppy is a powerful one. And so we answer the call.

I think a younger me might have noticed it was cooler on the trail this evening, but that's probably all. Tonight I looked at the trail differently. Had it always been so green, especially at the end of July? Was it always so beautiful? Why did I not notice all the down trees disintegrating into the earth? It was like I was seeing something new every time I turned around.


One thing I noticed when we walked the trail several days ago and again today--it's much more crowded. It's to be expected. Our little city has grown so much in the past couple of decades. It's only natural that many would want to enjoy these trails. And because we had a puppy, we noticed that almost 3/4 of all groups we encountered had a dog (or dogs...) of their own. Our puppy wanted to play whenever he saw a fellow pooch.

We walked slow, too slow for the dog, but just right for our team. We talked tonight about how seldom we walk the trails. If the past couple of weeks are any indication, looks like we'll be visiting them more, and that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment