Sunday, July 8, 2018

Rain On A Hot Summer Night...


Summer rain in Utah is an anomaly. We'll go weeks, even months without a good rainstorm. Today, however, I had hope that when clouds formed a blanket in the sky, blocking out that stifling sun, we'd get rain.

And we did.

And it lasted all of seven minutes. Where we live, it didn't rain enough to even wash the windows on the cars.


Don't get me wrong--any rain is good. I'm sure it rained a lot in the mountains or other places. We can use it to re-fill the reservoirs, water our lawns, and put out several raging fires across the state. Yes, a good dowsing would answer a lot of prayers.

Normally, I come inside when it's raining, but tonight, I stayed out and let it hit my hatless head, watched the color change on the sidewalk, and saw the beads on the cars. I can't image just how dirty that water was. Over the past couple of weeks you can actually smell the smoke for distant flames, not to mention all the regular pollution that's in our air.

Yes, I would LOVE a nice couple-of-hours long rainstorm. Tonight we got a spritz, but hoping for a shower soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment