Thursday, July 26, 2018

That One Time...I Was Asked To Be In A Commercial...And I Said Yes


I got the call from Jana a few weeks ago. "How'd you like to be in a commercial?" An odd question to be sure. I mean, it's not everyday that I'm asked to be in a commercial. "Of course," I said. 

"I'll have my husband send you the details," Jana said.

And he did.


While walking the puppy Monday morning my neighbor yelled from across the street. "So, you're a pitchman now?" I really didn't know what he was talking about. He said he saw me on the KSL (a local network...) morning show. To be honest, I was surprised they got it done so fast. It was filmed on a Wednesday and on TV a few days later. We set the DVR for Tuesday morning, and after fast-forwarding the important news, weather, and car ads, there it was--my mug on TV.


To be honest, I was a little hesitant to watch. Having never done a commercial, I didn't know if I was doing a good job or not when we filmed. I read the lines without too much assistance, and they seemed to be pleased. They filmed two of us, me and a woman. I have yet to see her ad. We both read the same copy. We recorded ads for air conditioning and heating services.


I had a blast. 


I know I'm not your typical pitch man. I lack certain physical characteristics that most pitch people have, and I'm okay with that. I may never do another commercial again. If not, at least I did this one and I hope throngs of people flock to Just Right Air for all their air conditioning and heating needs.

If you haven't had the opportunity to see the ad or you don't live in our area, here's the ad in all its small-screen splendor!


No comments:

Post a Comment