Sunday, July 22, 2018

Being Asked To Attend This Year's FanX Convention...It's An Honor And A Lot Of Fun!


Twelve days ago, a little tweet hit the world wide web. It listed four authors who have been asked to attend a gathering. I was one of those authors.


It was years ago, but I remember the first time I saw my name and picture posted for this event. That was very cool. Being an author can be a tough at times, but there are some things that make participating in this endeavor extremely awesome, like seeing your name, picture, and examples of things you've created alongside world-famous authors and other guests.

It's a definite rush.

If you go to Salt Lake FanX's author page (you can access it by clicking: HERE), you'll see almost fifty people invited to participate as featured authors with even more to come. I'm honored to be included in such an amazing group. But what I find most fascinating when I access the page, is how many of these incredibly talented writers I've gotten to know. Five years ago, I knew personally only one person on the list--Michael Jensen--and that's because he and I were in a production of Evita a decade earlier. Now, after having spent time with these people, doing panels with many of them, and even signing publishing contracts with them, I count several as good good friends.

In a matter of weeks we'll gather to do it all again. Hopefully, I'll meet new people and strengthen the relationships with those I already know. 

Yes, there are many cool things about being an author. The first time you hear someone's going to publish your story, seeing that box at your door knowing those are your books inside, holding the finished product in your hands, smelling the pages, almost not believing it's actually your name on the cover, getting that first five-star review--all are awesome. So is being asked to attend an event where thousands and thousands of people will attend. If you plan on going, please come find me--I'd love to either meet you for the first time or catch up. It's going to be a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment