Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Apple Made Me A Little "On This Day" Film...


Everyday for the past nine, almost ten years, I've sat down with my computer and picked out a photo to post on social media. Tonight, my phone informed me that something happened three years ago today and my phone assumed I would like to see what happened three years ago today.


My phone was right.


I am constantly amazed how incredible the world is in which we live. Especially technology. I know, I know...it's going to one day rise up and destroy us all, but until then, I can't help but be amazed.

The phone showed me a pictures of what happened three years ago. It took a bit, but I finally recognized the photos and videos. On August 18th, 2017 my son and I went to a party thrown by Tobin's Elite Academy of Martial Arts. It was a carnival for the parents and students of the academy. Truth be told, it was a little corny, but also cool.


My son took part in the outside games, then went inside where he practiced his Jedi skills on a balance beam. He did defeat a very young girl, as well as took flight from other opponents. My phone compiled the pictures and videos I took on that day and created a nice memento that I'm now sharing with the world. The phone-created video came with several soundtracks that I could choose, everything from sentimental to dreamy to epic. I went with the default.


I guess we're just supposed to accept all this cool stuff that comes our way, like humans have always had phones that can not only remember what you recorded years ago, but create a video presentation as a reminder--like it's always been this way. No...we live in amazing times.


No comments:

Post a Comment