Monday, August 17, 2020

I Never Really Wanted A Swimming Pool Before...Until Now


This isn't a picture of Tuscany (of course, having never been to Tuscany, I have no idea what it looks like...). It's a picture from my mother-in-law's dinning room window at sunset. I thought it looked like a non-Utah place so I snapped a picture.

Her neighbors put in a pool a few years ago.

I've never really wanted a pool, but this summer...boy, it sure looks fun.

In all the places I've lived in my almost fifty-five years, I've never lived in a place that had a pool. Since I've lived in Utah most of my life, I always looked at pools like I've looked at boats--pretty impractical. It's only really hot about three months out of the year so the rest of the time, they're just a big hole in the ground, or above ground (pools, not boats--boats are a big hole in your wallet...).

But something about this summer. I see that pool from my in-law's window. There's also a new pool a few doors down from our house and we can hear kids and adults splashing and having a good time.

Pools are many things, but to me the've always been expensive. In our little town, in order to put in a pool, you've got to fully fence the area surrounding it. Fences, like pools, can be pricey. I'm sure there's other things you've got to do before you can have a pool, but I know about the fences.

I've often wondered if I had the means to put in a pool, would I? Even though they're expensive and impractical, boy would it be nice to have one, especially this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment