Sunday, August 30, 2020

No Sports? No Problem...Just Check Out Classic Car Auctions


Did a little channel surfing today, since there weren't any games on that I was particularly interested to watch.

As I surfed, I ended up on a televised auto auction in progress.

It wasn't the first time I'd seen auto auctions on TV before. Sure, I've seen them, but I don't watch them very often. Thinking back, there's two main reasons for this:

1--don't have anywhere near the kind of money it would take to purchase any of these vehicles.

2--once I start watching, I'm not going to stop.

I'm not a big car guy. I mean, I'd like to be, but cars in general are expensive and when you get into rare and old cars, well...it takes things to an entirely new level. I know people who are into cars and they sacrifice other interests to pay for their hobby. Good for them.

Then rolled up a car that my brother-in-law would die for, a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 convertible. It sold for $230k. He has a classic Chevelle hard top and hopefully we'll be able to visit them in California (and not just to see the car, that will be a bonus...). 

The car sold, and a late 60's Camaro took its place. Moments later it became under new ownership to someone who, 1--has the kind of money to purchase these kinds of cars, and, 2--I'm sure whoever bought it, watches these shows a lot more than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment