Monday, August 24, 2020

To Me, It Was Just An Unusual Thing To See...


 There I was, just strolling down one of the aisles at our local grocery store, and I spotted something sitting atop some beverage cans.

And I couldn't believe what I thought it was.

I snapped a couple of pictures and used one as my Pic Of The Day a few days back.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought it was a peculiar. 

At first, I thought it was a big bug, or some sort of larva, but the thought of something like that finding its way into a store and on top of cans was farfetched at best. So, my logical mind couldn't come to grips with what I thought I was seeing.

Then, when looking on it again, I knew it was a root of some kind. When I posted the picture on social media, those wiser than me identified it right away.

Turmeric.

It was just a simple photograph, a big ugly bug larva invading a bunch of cans. Just like many things in life, things aren't always as they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment