Sunday, February 27, 2022

Give Thanks...Where I Live


 You see the colors everywhere now...an invasion does that. It took only a few days for the colors of blue atop yellow to be known across the globe. I've seen the Ukrainian flag more the past few days than I have my own flag.

Across the country and the world people are wearing the colors of blue and yellow on their shirts or they're making posters to show support of people they mostly have never met but feel they must do something.

I know our country has its issues, some serious, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I've never had to hide in the basement of a building due to an air raid. I've never had to flee for my life because of an invading army. The thought of having to do these things seems foreign and almost impossible to even imagine. Yet, half a world away people are doing just that. 

I'm thankful for where I live. I love to see buildings lit in blue and yellow lights. Reading supportive messages for others makes me feel good about our country, even with all its faults. I don't have all the answers...in act, I have very few. All I can say is I pray wars will stop, that people will stop being killed at the hands of others. And I pray those horrors will never reach any other country of land.

No comments:

Post a Comment