Saturday, February 12, 2022

That One Time I Thought My Computer Was On Fire...


 From the above picture, it's a little difficult to see, but the scene caused me to believe for a brief moment I thought my laptop computer was on fire.

Of course, it wasn't, but my brain told me it was.

A little background. Yesterday was a long day. My wife and I woke up early and then got in the van and drove for a couple of hours. Once I got home, I took a few short naps, then I got back in the van and drove for a couple more hours. This and the fact that I had eaten fast food for three of the past four meals, all added up to a not-so-clearly-thinking mind.

Fast forward several hours. I had been home. I was watching the Utah State Men's Basketball team battle Nevada (USU ended up losing the game, bummer...) on my laptop. I've found that for some games, I'm interested in the game, but not so much that both my wife and I want to watch, especially college basketball. I've found that I can have the game playing in the background. This way I'm able to hang out with the Mrs., and even get some writing done. That's what I was doing last night.

Also, last night we fired up the fireplace and enjoyed a pleasant and calming flame dancing in front of us. Now, if you look carefully in the photo, you'll see a mist hovering just above my laptop screen. My wife had our humidifier going. In a moment of confusion, I glanced up and saw the flame in the fireplace, then I noticed smoke rising above my computer...

Computer fire!

The moment lasted only a split second, but it jump-started my heart. 

Funny how things happen sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment