Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Just A Few Of My Hats...


 Here are only a few of the hats I own. In fact, it's only a few of the hats with the University of Utah logo on them that I own. Other U of U hats are in a box somewhere...I haven't gotten them unpacked from the move. And because they're still packed away, I ought to get rid of them. Most of my hats come from thrift stores (except the Rose Bowl U hat my good friend, Bob picked up for me last month...). 

Personally, I don't believe I have a problem.

Others may disagree.

Of course, some may think I have an obvious problem, not because I'm collecting hats, but because of the type of hats I collect. Many of my friends would never wear a read hat with at big U (or a couple of U's...) on them. No, they wear hats with different colors and different big letters on them. To be fair, I would probably never wear the hats they wear so I understand where they're coming from.

I wear hats almost every time I go out, mostly for logical reasons--I don't want a sunburn or I don't want my head to freeze. If I were driving and my car broke down and I had to walk for any length of time, I'd be in trouble without a hat, be it in the summer, winter, spring, or fall. So, having a hat on hand (or head...) is a good thing. I just happen to like hats that advertise my favorite sports team.

My mother told me many times that one of my father's favorite sayings was this:

"If one is good, then two is better."

My father (and mother...) grew up during The Great Depression so that saying has a deeper meaning. Is one hat good? Yes. Is two hats better? Definitely. Do I have enough hats? Of course. Will I buy another U of U hat if I happen to see one in a thrift store?

Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment