Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Saw This...Thought It Was Effective


 Last week I was picking up some food at a local diner. Instead of waiting in line in my car and using the Drive-Thru, I decided to go inside and order. There is no inside eating (like it is with many eateries...) but I was able to order and soak in the restaurant's ambiance.

That's when I spotted the interesting tables. 

They had a clever idea of rounding up ads from local businesses and laminating them atop the tables. 

There was a time when I thought I'd make a career out of marketing. It's a tough world, especially because there's no "final answer," no "best way of doing things." In marketing, imagination is vital, at least, how I understood it. Sure, you can run statistics and use numbers to justify decisions, but I think there's a lot of "gut feeling" when it comes to marketing.

That's why I thought the tables were genius. Local businesses can advertise as people chow down. As with all ad campaigns, you never know just how effective they'll be. Will the diners actually look at the ads? Will they decide to use Mountain Transmissions over another transmission shops just because they see the ad while they scarf down a burger and shake?

I'd like to think so.

Unfortunately, as I said before, in-eating dining is not an option. Too bad...all those ads not being seen. Even a good idea can have its drawbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment