Monday, February 7, 2022

We're...A Little Bit Softer Now

No, we're not listening to an Isley Brother's hit song...I'm talking about a new home addition that was installed in our home last week.

It's a whole new world.

Before I got married the only thing I knew about water softeners is that we had one in the house where I grew up, only my father passed away before he could hook it up and so it sat unused for decades. I also saw bags of salt for sale at stores and knew that people would buy the salt for their water softeners. After I got married, I found out my wife's family liked and used a water softener. 

Whenever I was at my in-laws house and I'd wash my hands, it always took forever (or so it seemed...) to rinse the soap off my hands. Because I didn't know anything about water softeners, other than what I explained which wasn't much, I was unaware the whole "can't get the soap off my hands" was due to the softener.

It took a while--a few months--for us to get the thing installed. It required a plumber and they're in great demand. We were able to get a hold of one and a week later he came over and put it in.

Just like that.

As the plumber installed the device (which, for some reason, reminds me of Cylon technology...), I asked for his opinions on softeners. He loved them and since we'd already purchased our unit and not from them, I felt he spoke honestly. He said he'd never live in a house without one. Then he said we'll be using much less shampoo. That does me no good, but for the rest of the family, it's a bonus.

We've had softened water for over a week and I can definitely tell a difference (except for the shampoo part...). I'm glad it's in, even though it's still an ordeal to rinse the soap off my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment