Friday, February 25, 2022

Remembering A Random Day...Thirty Years Ago


 The Date, February 22 means a lot in our family. I mean, it's a cool date 2/22, but other than that, it's the day my wife and I had our first date. Of course, she was not my wife at the time...that came several months later.

This week, the date 2/22/22 came up. It's a very cool date, but it also means that it's been thirty years since that first date. And because I kept a daily journal at that time, I was able to look up the day and see what happened. Because I wrote down events of the day, there are some things I had forgotten about the day.

I do remember she and I went to a University of Utah Men's Basketball game. I forgot who they played...on the ticket I found the answer. Wyoming. I remember not liking that team. They'd come into Salt Lake and fill the cheap seats at the Huntsman Center. They had good teams back then and when Wyoming would win, their fans were so loud. Such was the cased 2/22/92. Wyoming beat Rick Majerus's Utes bad.

The game started late so before the game, my wife and I went bowling. It makes me laugh a little, imagining my wife and I going bowling, then going to a university basketball game now...probably not going to happen.

Back then, I kept a daily journal. It's something I've continued doing and I'll write about today before I go to sleep. When I wrote my entry back on 2/22/92, I had no idea that the person I took bowling then to a Utah loss would end up being my spouse or that we'd be together thirty years later. That's one of the cool things about keeping a journal, This past week, most people enjoyed experiencing 2/22/22. For us, it meant more.

No comments:

Post a Comment