Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Yup...That's Crap On My Car


 We saw something ahead in the road, but we were unsure of what it was. Soon, the obstruction became obvious...

Cattle drive.

It's not everyday you and a herd of cattle share a road.

We were leaving a tiny town in southeastern Idaho last week and taking one of what I imagine are two roads leading away from town. That's when we saw it, a black mass in the distance. When we realized it was cattle coming at us, we pulled the car to the side of the road and waited.

I'm not the most "rural" person on the planet, but I'm also not the least. My grandfather ran a very small diary and until he passed away when I was ten, we used to visit often. In the town where I grew up there were many fields on the west side and and many had cows. I don't believe I've ever found myself in the middle of a drive (even though it wasn't that big a drive...).

After the last cow passed, we noticed evidence of the drive still remained on the pavement in the form of swarm, steaming piles. Oh, I tried avoiding them, and believe me--I had more than ample opportunity to drive right through many a cow pie. No, I did my best, but when we pulled into the garage, I saw evidence of the drive.

I wondered as the cattle man in quad drove passed, if he thought I was a "city boy." I gave him every indication to believe I was...there I sat in my Subaru Forester holding up my cellphone to video the cattle drive. Yup...I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he thought I was.

All in all, it was pretty cool and it only cost me a trip to Idaho and a car wash.



No comments:

Post a Comment