Sunday, February 20, 2022

I Am Thankful For...


 On Sundays, I try and find things I'm thankful for and blog about them. I use the hashtag, "#GiveThanks" on these posts. I've been doing this for several years. I know by writing fifty-two #GiveThanks posts a year, I've used the same topics several times. Sometimes it's hard to come up with things to write about.

But, should it be?

Should it be difficult to find things for which I am thankful?

The obvious answer is, no. There's an old saying that if you ever feel down, just count your blessings and you'll realize just how good you have it. I truly believe this, mostly because it's worked for me on several occasions. 

There's the obvious reasons to be thankful...health, work, interests, the love of friends and family. I've had those things all my life. There's been times when some of those things are missing, but they return. Thankfully, I have all those things in my life right now.

I'm also thankful for the country where I live. I'm thankful for our freedoms, especially when seeing how people live in other countries do not have these freedoms or are having them taken away. I'm thankful for the experiences I've had in my life, for the people I've known, for those I call friends and who call me family. 

I hope to continue my #GiveThanks posts. If for no other reason, so I can remember what a gift this life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment