Thursday, September 8, 2022

And So...The Craziness Begins


I watched from my office this morning as the sun rose in the east, the reds and oranges intensified by smoke from distant fires. Red dawn in morning signals--at least, for me--the beginning of a crazy time of year. 

In the next seven weeks I will have participated in the state's largest comics convention, and completed yet another season of scaring the crap out of people. Throw in the fact that both events are either fifty miles or seventy miles from our home--yes, it's busy, but I love it.

I've participated in FanX since its inception (2013). I've worked as a panelist, a vendor, and most recently, part of the programming staff. The people involved in the convention are the best and they treat me so well. I'm looking forward to this year especially. We have some great talent performing on the vendor floor stage so if you go, you'd better come check it out.

As far as Lagoon's Frightmares goes, I have not been a part of it since its inception. I was late to the party, but ever since joining in on the fun, I've returned each year, covid year not included. This year's Séance show is new. I could elaborate, but I won't...it's new. Come see it for yourself.

The craziness ends on Halloween. November will be slower, at least, that's the plan. It's a birthday month for many in my family and hopefully we can celebrate those days. It's also a month to give thanks for everything we have. 

Yes, I'm about to start a marathon that ends in seven weeks. 

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment