Saturday, September 10, 2022

Choosing Things...For The Kids


 My son started a new job. Because of that, we needed to get him a couple of things--a key and a water bottle. There were other things that needed to be gathered, but those two things, well...I was the one to pick them out.

Does anyone really know what their kids like?

Of the two, the key was the easiest. My son likes to collect skulls--not real ones, but representations. He uses skulls in his social media persona. I went to the hardware store, stared at the dozens of key options and once I found the one with the flaming skull, I knew I had the right one.

The water bottle was a little trickier. Maybe it's because it's more visible. He'll be taking it to work--others will see it and we all judge each other by the things we have (or don't have...). Before I left home to secure the water bottle, I asked which color he would like. He said there was one color he didn't want so I could eliminate one color from the choices

That still left me with five.

Truth be told, I had no idea which colors they would have. I got to work and tried calling my son to get a confirmation. The call didn't go through and neither did the text. I was on my own. 

I know this is not a big deal, but for some people, it is. And I don't want to disappoint my son, so I took a chance and picked one...white. About an hour later, the photo went through. He texted back and said white is a good choice.

These are small things, but it was a dad thing. Glad I was two for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment