Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Rush Hour In Rural Utah...A Trafficless Existence


 This morning I drove to the great metropolis that is Salt Lake City. I hit the highway at 8am.

The top picture is our rush hour in rural Northern Utah.

The second picture was taken an hour later between Farmington and Centerville. I know it looks like few cars are on the road in the second picture, but it took me several miles up north until I saw as many cars that surrounded me down south.

It took me a while living up north that I realized I never even think about traffic. Not that we went many places when we lived down south, but traffic was a constant consideration whenever we needed to go anywhere. During the day--usually not a problem. Need to go to Layton at 5pm? Might as well wait a couple of hours. Now, traffic is an afterthought. 

Living among so few is an adjustment. Our neighbors have accepted a trafficless existence. The problem is, it's not going to last. More and more are moving here all the time (like us...). Soon, the locals will be remembering the time when they never took traffic into consideration when traveling to Brigham City, or Logan, or Ogden.

We know those days are numbered. For now, I'm enjoying the uncluttered roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment