Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Is This Cruel Or What...?


 Tuesday morning, I rolled out of bed, got dressed, shuffled into my office, and fired up the work computer.

This is what I saw.

I thought, that's kind of cruel.

Why? Well, let me explain. I don't think it's cruel because it shows a kangaroo on a beach, as if the kangaroo is being abused in some way. No, it's nothing like that. I thought for a fleeting moment that the photo was cruel because it showed a picture of a place where many want to go but can't because they're stuck in front of their computer working.

I know it's a stretch...

Then I thought of the irony. Unless you live in an area with beaches and kangaroos, you (or, most people...) have to work in order to go to places with beaches and kangaroos. So, I guess you could look at the picture as inspirational.

Inspirational, or cruel, or just a picture, I think we can all agree, it's a beautiful shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment