Saturday, September 24, 2022

Disclaimer...I Mean, Come On!


 We have one of those thermometers that reads both the inside and outside temperatures. It's handy when you don't want to go outside to experience weather, but would rather find out the information from afar. It's an older model so it doesn't link to the internet or relay information to various governments around the world.

And, it works pretty good.

Except when it doesn't.

Case in point, the outside reader is placed in a location where at certain times of the day, the thermometer relays incorrect information. It's located by some outside stonework that heats up to incredible degrees in direct sunlight. My wife and I got a kick out of a super-high reading. We knew why, of course. I thought it would be a fun photo to use for my Pic Of The Day. I included a pithy caption and sent it out.

Too bad higher powers thought the photo needed a disclaimer.

I mean, really?

If the high temperature in Northern Utah had actually been at one point 138˚ Fahrenheit in September, with a current temperature of 129˚, it would be front-page news across the globe. I really don't believe it requires a disclaimer, nor do I think anyone needs a disclaimer.

Then again, we're living in a strange strange world.

No comments:

Post a Comment