Sunday, September 11, 2022

Give Thanks...Right Place, Right Time


 Leaving work tonight, I happened to glance to the west. When the sun is about to disappear into the western sky, it's one of the few times you can look at the sun without sunglasses or anything else to protect your eyes.

Tonight's sky was beautiful.

Of course, all the smoke from distant fires helped create the incredible colors. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Actually, I happened to look west at the right time and I was in the right place to see what I saw.

I've watched thousands and thousands of sunsets not necessarily from that exact spot, but from the area. I miss seeing the sun set behind the mountains. Where we live now, we see the sun set behind our backyard neighbors's homes. The skies are still beautiful, but it's different to be able to look at the sun at is disappears. 

I'm grateful that I've been fortunate enough to have seen so many beautiful and incredible sunsets. Sometimes, I see them forming, get an idea that they might turn into something special. Other times, I'm walked through a parking lot to get to my car and I look west...

Right place, right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment