Friday, September 23, 2022

One Of The Best Slices Of Pizza I've Ever Had...


 The vendor floor was only minutes away from closing. It was then I decided I should get some dinner. 

At FanX this year, my venue changed locations. We're no longer in the middle of all the action. Instead, we're off to the side, close to the food court. As locations go, it's not bad, except all day I watched as dozens--possibly hundreds of people queued up for The Pie Pizzeria pizza. They sell it by the slice and even though it won't fill you up, necessarily, it is enough to keep you going for several hours.

The problem I had is I couldn't stand in a line for that long. I had to make sure things at the stage were running smoothly. No worries...I'll just wait until the line is almost gone. 

That's what I did. The problem was, I waited until the pizza was almost gone, too.

Me and two other people were in line. When I approached the display, they had three slices left.

"That's the last of it," an employee said. I would have preferred pepperoni, but when there's only cheese left, I'll take cheese. I picked up one of three remaining and an employee said, "With tomato slices?" 

"Sure," I said not really understanding.

What you see in the photo is what I got.

I didn't realize just how hungry I was until I took a bite. It was SO GOOD! And the tomatoes added that extra punch I needed. I realized at that moment, it was one of the best tasking slices of pizza I had ever had.

Was it really one of the best tasting slices I've ever had in my life? Probably not, but last night right before the Pie ran out of food, it was to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment