Sunday, September 18, 2022

Give Thanks...For "Grand Teton" By Andrew Fowler


 They sat us in the basement--must be because of the reservations we made days earlier. Without the reservations, it would have taken a long time to get into Herms Restaurant in Logan, Utah.

Oh, the food was definitely worth it.

As we waited for our food, because of where I was sitting, I spotted a painting on the wall, and because I had seen those mountains from that vantage point many many times in my life, I knew immediately, the painting was of the Teton mountain range...

And I knew it a view from the Idaho side.

Personally, I like the Idaho side of the Tetons better. It's probably because my grandfather and my mother and my cousin's kids grew up with that very view in their east windows. I've seen that view hundreds of times visiting the homestead that was built in 1906 and remains in the family still today.

I don't have anything against the Wyoming side of the Tetons per se. I think the Idaho side has more personality. The Wyoming side looks like a huge knife with a jagged edge, the Grand Teton being the highest of those edges. The Idaho side offers something different. Even Table Rock is unique.

I don't know Andrew Fowler--never heard of him, actually. Several of his paintings hung in the basement of Herms Restaurant and they were for sale. I checked out his Instagram account, you can access it by clicking: HERE. I like his style, and I especially love the painting he did of the Grand Teton.

I'm glad I recognized the mountain. I'm glad it was accompanied with so many incredible memories, memories of family mostly, of cool summers, of knowing I was loved and valued by parents, grandparents, cousins, and those who had passed on.

I'm also grateful Andrew Fowler used his talents to create the image that hung for sale in a Logan Utah restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment