Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Happiest Place On Earth...The Apple Store!


Some people think Disneyland or Disneyworld (or any other Disney destination...) is considered the Happiest Place On Earth. And to all of those people who believe this, I'm sure that's true. Of course, there are other happy places and for me one of those happy places is the Apple Store.

We are fortunate to live about 15 miles away from one of these stores and today we loaded up the van and made the pilgrimage to our digital mecca, the Apple Store at the Gateway...

With construction taking place just north of Gateway's shopping center, parking is at a premium (especially for us frugal/cheap--types...). I found a spot and after several forward/reverse engagements of the van's transmission, I successfully parallel parked. When I got out of the van and saw the lack of space between the ahead and behind cars, I just had to snap a picture.


Many of my friends dislike Macintosh products and I can understand that. They're expensive. They put off a bit of a snobby air. A stereotype of a Mac User exists in many people's mind. I concede them all. But ever since I got a job as a Apple computer sound technician in 1989, I was hooked.


Today, like almost every time we go, the place was packed. We got the parts necessary to fix my wife's computer, coveted a bit, contemplated a bit, then left to a cloudy sky. Getting out of the parking place was easier than getting in. We drove away certain one day to return and for a brief shinning moment, it was the happiest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment