Friday, July 1, 2011

A Few Pictures Of Friday, 1 July 2011


A friend and co-worker (same person...) asked me today about my blog. We drove to the big city of Salt Lake for a business lunch. He asked how I can write a new blog entry every day, and he asked me what I was going to write about today. "I don't know," I said. Of course, I could write about Canadian Independence Day...maybe next year.

It was another day when I took my camera with me and snapped a few pictures along the way. I decided to explain my day.

My first stop was also the first stop for our dog. If your dog needs clipping, try Fur-B-Gone in Farmington. Janna does a wonderful job, and she's got two poodles that--if you're lucky--will greet you like you're in need of a beverage and they're the bartenders (if you're in the market for a pure breed standard poodle puppy, the shorter poodle is pregnant and some puppies will be available soon...if so, let me know and I'll get you the info).


On the way to the lunch we drove by the capital. Today, our governor and my boss proclaimed 1 July 2011 Pac-12 Day. It's the day the University of Utah Athletic Program officially became part of the Pac-12. The capital was clad in Crimson and White, balloons, Ute gear everywhere. Of course, I did not get a picture on the way in. I assumed (incorrectly...) that the party would be continued after lunch. As you can see, this is not the case.


When we got back to work, my other boss unfurled and hung his flag where the wreath hangs at Christmas. It looks great from the road as the cars pass by.


Today marks a four-year anniversary of my mom's passing. My sister posted this on her Facebook page so I copied it to put it here.


And lastly, the cups celebrate the Ute's accomplishment and hopefully future accomplishments.


It was a good day. Lunch with friends, growing excitement for my favorite college team, and bittersweet memories of my mom. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment