Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hottest Rehearsal Ever!


We had a marathon rehearsal today, made all the longer by the temperature. We began at 9 a.m. and set up the stage. The hedges and the gate for "The Secret Garden" look pretty good. The large umbrella, however...I'm not too sure. I mean it's decorative and all, but... And that folding chair...I suppose it's a personal choice.


Lily is, and I don't believe I'm spoiling anything here, a ghost. I should have used a different setting on my camera, but this give her a ghostly appearance...


And Todd, of course, is the Fakir. He's a pro who has learned the show in record time. And, of course, he makes us all laugh.


These are shots of the first scene of the first act. I then had to don my costume in the blazing heat. As you may or may not know, I love cooler climes. The quick change from temperatures in the 40's--even 30's a couple of months ago were in the 90's today.


We moved sets, rehearsed, sang songs, messed up lines (maybe that wasn't "we" but "me"), and almost made it through the entire show from 9 a.m. to after 4 p.m. It took a lot of chilled ice water but we made it through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment