Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Super Day!


My Super Bowl hopes were dashed two weeks ago. If I had my way I would have like to have seen the Harbaugh Brothers duke it out in Indianapolis tonight. But since that didn't happen, I was subject to a rematch...an East Coast battle in America's heartland.

But my day began before 4:30 p.m. mountain daylight time. We began our day as we do almost every Sunday at church. In our first meeting we were admonished to act in an acceptable way when it came to self-expression. I suppose some might think that's an infringement of our God-given right to say whatever we want. And, I suppose, we still have that right--just saying those things at certain times at church isn't the best time... I taught a lesson today. The lesson, complete with a malfunctioning DVD, turned out okay. Well, it turned out. Hopefully someone came away with something to think about.

Back to the game. Since I had no horse in this race, I chose to root for the NY Giants. There are worse NFL teams, aren't there? Personally I liked the ads. There was a time when I wanted to work in the advertising field, but it was not meant to be. I can't recall a personal favorite ad. I'll let others decide which advertisement was best.

This year my son watched the game with my wife and I. He's not a big football fan and I looked like a football expert while I explained the obvious rules of the game (as far as I understood them, anyway...). The game was a classic--fan or no fan of the teams, it was exciting. People will talk about this one for years. I wonder if I can count my elevated heart rate as exercise... And so tonight many are happy while others are not. Me...I'm glad I was able to spend a wonderful day with the fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment