Tuesday, February 21, 2012

T-Minus Seven Days...


One Week To Go!

Seven days, that's all we've got. I sat in a meeting this afternoon as part of a team. Our goal is to put on a charity event in seven days. I've blogged about the event several times in the past and I'll probably blog about it until the day of the event and maybe even after it's over. I apologize if you're sick of it, but it is taking a lot of my time lately and it is for a really good cause.

 

What struck me as I sat and listened to all the things that needs to take place in a week's time is how much a small group of people can do when they work together. Of course, there will be more people involved than were in the room this afternoon, but when people are single-minded in their purpose, it is amazing all they can accomplish. On paper, it shouldn't work, but it does.


I am saying this before the event has taken place and it may end up being a disaster, but I think not. Last year our team comprised of just as many people and the end result was a complete success. We've got one week to go--one week to do our best and let it all unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment