Monday, October 22, 2012

Someone Else's Pictures...


As many of you know, I "occasionally" shop at the local thrift store. When my family goes with me, we each have a favorite area to visit first. My wife and oldest son go to the books. Two of my kids head straight for the toys, and my daughter likes to check out the clothes.


Me? I hit the electronics area. And the first place I go in the electronics area is the cameras. I love cameras. At any given time, there are a number of quality 35mm cameras at the thrift store. I've even seen several SLR 35mm cameras that, only a few years ago, were worth hundreds of dollars. Now, I could pick one up for 10 or 20 bucks. It's crazy. 


As more and more people have good cameras built into their phones, I'm seeing more and more point-n-shoot digital cameras waiting for new owners. I've bought a few of these and sometimes, there are pictures others took before they donated the camera. I bought a Nikon Coolpix last week. It's obviously broken, but I thought--maybe I could fix it. Today I finally got it to charge and there were a couple of pictures left on the camera. The space and rocket pictures were taken almost 3 years to the day that I found them (on 30 October, 2009, that is, if the camera's calendar was correct...).


There was also a video taken back on 27 December, 2008. 


I've bought other cameras from the thrift store. Let's just say the pictures left on those cameras were not like these. I highly doubt anyone reading this will recognize these pictures (I mean, what are the odds?), but if you do, here they are. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. This is extraordinary. It's a glimpse into a stranger's life. Bizarre.

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete