Thursday, October 11, 2012

When The Pavement Is Moving (Warning: Pictures Of Spiders, Big Hairy Spiders...)


Where I live we have tarantulas that show themselves around this time of year. Tonight as I was driving up to our house, a patch of the pavement was...well, moving. I knew as soon as I saw it, we had a visitor in the culd-e-sac.


A lot of people are freaked out when they see a spider that casts a shadow, a spider roughly the size of their hand that moves slowly across the road before them. Now, I'm not the kind of person who will allow a tarantula to walk up my arm, but I did get close enough to film the little guy (or girl--I really don't know...).


I'm not a spider guy. I mean, I don't like spiders, even though I appreciate their contribution to the survival of the human race. The thing about tarantulas, at least for me, is that they're not very vast. They just kind of saunter along, minding their own business as they look for a mouse or a small bird to eat.


And so, here's the video I shot today. Enjoy one of nature's incredible creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment