Friday, October 18, 2013

1000...Has It Really Been That Many?


On January 24, 2011 I began this blog and named it after a phrase I was called as a kid, a phrase still used by some. I began the blog without really knowing what I was going accomplish with it. I did know, however, that I was going to write a blog post everyday.

And a thousand days later, I've kept that promise.

The first post was 311 words long and I included no photos. It might be the only blog where I didn't include a picture. I had nine visits to that site.

Here's what I wrote a thousand days ago.

And so, it begins...

So, somehow you've stumbled on this humble little site. A little about me. I'm a (hopefully...) middle-age father of four with a wife, a cat, a dog, a mortgage, two jobs, a minivan, and several writing projects suspended in the air hoping at least one allows me to provide for my family from the written word. Time will tell, of course. Time will tell...

The truth is, I wanted to start another blog for some time, even though I have a perfectly good blog collecting dust in cyberspace somewhere which reminds me of several pair of shoes and a couple of sweaters currently collecting dust in my closet. But you probably don't care about why I've begun this little literary adventure--you just want to read something funny, something that takes less than 10 seconds to scan and that will hopefully make your day just a little bit better.

I'll do what I can. That's my promise. I'd like to say this will be a daily pursuit, but I think we both know that's probably not true. To quote a great flick: "We are men of action; lies do not become us."

And if you're wondering why in the name of all that's holy is this blog titled as it is, all I can say is as a child my cousins called me that, a tradition continued by my sister-in-law (someone, by the way, I knew existed before my brother did while I lived 5000 miles away from her and he lived 15 miles from her, but that's another story...) to this day, much provides literally seconds of enjoyment to almost all who are lucky enough to hear her say those words, "Scotty Watty Doodle All The Day."

Let's hope we have a good time as we interact and explore and entertain and inform. We shall see...
 
The blog's been many things...a place to display some of my photos, where I have submitted several short stories, and expressed an opinion or two. But what it had evolved into for me is a place where the events of the past 2 1/2 years have been chronicled, recorded, preserved, a place where one day my kids might access and say to themselves, "I remember that" and they remember why.

Thanks to everyone who's ever visited my little site. Thanks to those who left comments, who "plus-ed," who shared a post or two. I hope the time you spent checking out the site was worth it. And here's to another 1000 posts. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment