Tuesday, October 1, 2013

End Of The Day; End Of The World...


After an eleven-hour work day I came home and took a few pictures of tonight's sunset. It was another beautiful sunset, one created to be captured forever as digital images and as memories for those who happened to look west just after dusk.


It was a strange day. I'm one of those people who work directly with the changes that took place today. Fortunately, I was not furloughed. In fact, had the government not taken the actions it took today, I would be doing something different for work. The day was not crazy, as I suspected it might be, and things went well.



Occasionally at work I'll check in on social media and the responses to the events of the day made me sick. People who consider themselves educated spewed unfounded statements based on things other people said, not on truth or researched information. And the greatest travesty of this entire fiasco is that both political parties want this to happen. They're using our rage to their benefit. Just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.


So, I'm done venting. There's more I could write, but why? When facts and historical evidence won't change opinions, what's a simple blog post supposed to accomplish? But what I can do is share some photos of another incredible sunset, also as if it's a message from God telling us stupid humans that no matter what mistakes we're making, He's still there creating beauty and letting us know that Father knows best. Goodnight, everyone.

1 comment: