Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Baker, California...


Ever Been To Baker, California? I have.

Before today I didn't know where Baker, California was, or if it existed at all. I passed the place a couple of times in my life, but I never stopped there. Today as we drove home, we stopped for gasoline and a quick Arby's lunch.

Did you know that in Baker stands the world's tallest thermometer? Nor did I. Question...can a structure that doesn't act as a thermometer be considered a thermometer? As we drove by, for the life of me I couldn't see if the thing actually worked.

According to the literature picked up at the before-mentioned Arby's, Baker was established in 1907. It is 60 miles northeast of Barstow and 90 miles southwest of Las Vegas. And it's better known as the Gateway To Death Valley. These things I did not know.

Farewell, Baker with your closed Bun Boy restaurant and Mad Greek industry complex. Until we meet again. Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment