Thursday, February 5, 2015

Next POLAIK: The Tall Teller Of Tales...James Wymore


If you're at a convention and it's packed, there's a good chance you'll see James Wymore--if he's there, that is. Just stand on your tippy toes and look above the crowd. That's your best chance to spot him. 

I've written about James before. He was one of the first local authors I met when I began this writing adventure a few years ago. I was attending my first conference, the Salt City Steamfest in 2013 and I distinctly remember James walking in the door and checking out our books. I had a single story published in an anthology (about which I was stoked...) and a few of the authors from Xchyler were selling our goods. James came up, checked out the books and we talked. He even gave me his business card.

Fast forward a few months and I saw him again. We talked and I was impressed that he not only remember me and our books, but he was very approachable. I don't know what I was expecting--maybe some distant person who didn't want to be bothered by someone with just one published work in an anthology. No, he was anything but. And after a few years, we've become friends. This is another POLAIK (profile of local authors/artists I know).


Last week I finished one of James's novels, Exacting Essence. I enjoyed it very much. I want to read more of his stories. And, by the way, there are more titles listed on James's Goodreads page. I only chose two. You can access information on these and all his books on his website: HERE.

Wherever James goes, you can count on him to be the life of any party. He is one of the founding members of the Space Balrogs comedy troupe and if you ever get the chance to see them perform at a convention, do not pass up the opportunity. It's quite the experience!

So, if you find yourself at a writing symposium like LTUE or at a Salt Lake Comic Con, stand on your tippy toes and see if you can spot Mr. Wymore. Chances are if he's there, you'll see him. And, for the record, he almost never acts like a street tough...

1 comment:

  1. Note to self: stop trying to be funny when posing for pictures. Thanks, Scott!

    ReplyDelete