Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sarah Seeley...The Sweet POLAIK




When you first meet my next POLAIK (Profile Of Local Authors/Artists/ I Know) Sarah Seeley, you'd never have guest she'd be the one who penned a book titled Blood Oath: An Ork Love Story, or Maladaptive Bind, a book one reviewer wrote about on the book's Amazon page: 

I had heard of Mormon Sci-Fi and Mormon Steampunk or Best-Selling Horror written by a Mormon (Michaelbrent Collings). But, Never Mormon Horror. I just finished The best book in that genre. I didn't even know what genre it was until I was almost half way through. All I knew is it kept me wanting to read. It is written in present tense. Seeley does wonderful in this tense. It is both a tear jerker and a make you want to be a better person kind of horror book. It is an AWESOME read.


No, Sarah is somewhat of an enigma. She's brave enough to self-publish a novel and a short story, be on panels at the largest convention ever to take place in Utah, and yet, those same crowds can sometimes make her a little nervous. You can visit her author website: HERE.


I've gotten to know Sarah better from the various events in which we've appeared and manned booths. She's another author I plan to read in the future. I know she's talented because several of her short stories have been chosen for anthologies for Xchyler, and everyone I know who has read her books has nothing but good things to say. If you attend a convention, conference or symposium where Sarah is either a panelist or a bookseller, do yourself a favor and go introduce yourself. She loves talking to people about book and writing and even geology. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment