Saturday, February 28, 2015

Reflections Of A Launch Party...


Tonight Xchyler Publishing held a book launch for their latest anthology, Mechanized Masterpieces 2: An American Anthology and I participated because my short story can be found within its pages. I've participated in several of Xcyler's book launches, but this is the third time one of my stories has been included. 

How was it?

It went great, much better than the first time I attended an online book launch. Two years ago (roughly...) Xchyler chose a story of mine  for their first steampunk anthology, Mechanize Masterpeices: A Steampunk Anthology. I remember that book launch--I think I even took the day off from work so I could take part as much as possible in the event. I remember being very confused.

Xchyler used Facebook to launch their books online. It makes sense since the authors are all over the world. They announce the event, we join then invite friends to attend. When the time comes, we go to that Launch page and respond to questions for prizes or to ask the authors questions, but basically to have a great time. That first launch I didn't know how any of it worked. I was confused by the questions. It seemed some of the authors wanted us to answer questions from their stories and since it was a book launch, almost none had read the stories.

Since that first event, I've gotten to know more about how their online launches go. Tonight I had a blast! I actually participated in a theater while watching some wonderful people perform a show. I had submitted two games to play and I even joined in on the other author's games. This time, it didn't seem like any of them asked specific questions from their stories. And I even got a cool gift for one of my game's prizes, a copy of Captain Nemo, signed by the author, Kevin J. Anderson.

The next book launch isn't too far into the future. I am goin gto do my best to make sure I can attend. Oh, and I'll try and let people know when it is, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment