Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Big Storm Comes Rolling In...


We don't get a lot of big storms where I live. There's a saying many people around here keep saying, "If you don't like the weather in Utah, just wait fifteen minutes and it will change." It's a nice thought, but that's really not true.


I've lived in places where the weather can literally change in fifteen minutes. I think places close to the coast experience this a lot more than we do. In Utah, things are pretty stable most of the time. Of course, there are times when things change quickly, but that's not the norm.



Last Friday, we had a quick-moving storm hit just as the evening hour struck. Thankfully I had already mowed the lawn and we had nowhere to go so as it rolled in, I grabbed my cameras and started shooting.


And if you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know I love rainy days. Maybe I'm just posting this so on those really hot summer days in the future (the days when the weather doesn't change every fifteen minutes...), I can pull up this blog post and enjoy the view.


No comments:

Post a Comment