Tuesday, July 12, 2016

In Just A Couple Of Months...I'll Know Where I'm From!


Well, I did it. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, ever since I heard about it. But things came up, budgets were considered and it just never happened.

Until now.


For Father's Day my lovely family got me an Ancestry.Com DNA test. It basically tells you where you're from. It's something I've wondered about most of my life. That happens when you're adopted. And back in the 1960s, adoptions were different than they are today. I don't believe open adoptions, like they have now, existed back then. Things were done one way, and the results were final. I can understand both ways of looking at adoption--open vs. closed. But I only know how my life's turned out, so I don't know how I'd feel if my adoption was open.

So many feelings...


On Monday I dropped off the kit in the mail. It can take up to eight weeks or more for my results to come back. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment