Friday, July 22, 2016

Newt Scamander's "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them"...A Book Review


Harry Potter fans love anything connected to the world created by J.K. Rowling. They seek it out and devour it without abandon. So, as one, I may be the last fan in the world to have read this gem of a book.

Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them dances between the world of muggles and wizards. The book was written as a fund raising campaign for Comedy Relief and because of that, the writer must educate those living in the Potterverse of what Comic Relief is and why it's important. This makes an already adorable book even more so.


The first half is set-up. We learn about Newt and why the book exists. The second half contains the beasts. For those of you familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, one of the foundations required to play the game is a Monster Guide. Newt's book is like a mini-version of the D & D Monster Guide.

This is a wonderful little book--and I do mean little. It's only eighty-eight pages. It only took me two days of bus commuting to get it read. In addition, since this copy of Newt's book is the property of Harry Potter, the young wizard has made the pages his own with occasional commentary and notes.


I haven't investigated the new movie coming out soon which shares the same title as the book. I don't know how they're going to make an entire movie about this book, but I'm sure it's going to be delightful. I know this because of how delightful this little book is.


1 comment:

  1. I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price! Amazon has it listed for $99.99! Do you know any places that might still have it for a reasonable price? I'm so desperate here

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete