Saturday, July 2, 2016

Oh...What A Week!


Weeks for me, as of late, have been busy. But I've been busy before with working, writing, doing shows, and attending conferences.

But this week was brutal!

So, here's a quick rundown of my week.

Monday: I worked my day job for ten hours, then finished up by working another four at my p/t job. I was caught up on all my work and because of upcoming events, I asked for--and was granted--a day off for Tuesday. I'm glad I did because when I got to my second job I found out I was scheduled to work an eight-hour shift on Friday and again on Saturday.

Complications.


Tuesday: Great day! I did some writing and in the evening my daughter and I attended a cast reunion of a show we did last Christmas. Great party, great time!


Wednesday: Not only did I work the ten and four hour shifts, I also had two internal job interviews. I haven't heard back on either of them. Just one interview can cause some stress. Doubling that can increase the stress exponentially. I was tired when I got home.


Thursday: Just the ten-hour shift, thank you very much. That night some of my kids and I attended a performance of Centerpoint Legacy Theatre's West Side Story. It was fantastic! On Thursday I had to write two blog posts, one for Thursday and one for Friday. 

Why? 


Friday: I worked my p/t gig until 6pm, after which I came home then loaded up the car and went on a scout camping excursion with my youngest. I had agreed to go camping the week before when I thought--according to the schedule I've worked for months--that if I worked a full shift Friday, I would have Saturday off. Nope. So, my son and I went camping and I needed to be at work the next morning at 9:30am. Luckily we camped only a mile from my house. That's why I had to write two blog posts Thursday. I just didn't have time to do it on Friday.


Saturday: I might have gotten four (maybe five with a stretch...) hours of sleep last night. I don't sleep well away from home usually. Add a somewhat breezy night and an inflatable mattress that leaked and needed re-inflating several times throughout the night and you've got a recipe for no sleep. But I did get up in time to break camp, head home for a shower and breakfast and make it to work on time. Right now the wife and kids are at a friends house filling the sky with fireworks. I was invited, but I just couldn't go. I needed to do absolutely nothing...except write this post, of course.


Even though the week as tough, I had some great times. Tuesday night's cast party was a lot of fun. Seeing West Side Story Thursday night was an amazing experience, and it's hard to beat roasting marshmallows over an open fire with your son and good friends. Those interviews might turn out something as well. Plus, I got a response from Ravi Patel on my blog post where he's the star of the documentary. Always cool to see celebrities check out your blog.


Good week. Hard week. Glad tomorrow's Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment