Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Night-Before-Thanksgiving-Shopping...


"So, can our oldest son do the shopping tonight instead of me?"

"Sure," my wife said. "You want to make the stuffing?"

I guess I knew all along I'd be going, and that's fine. I would have liked to just say home, but that would mean going tomorrow morning and, even though the store is open tomorrow morning, I'd rather not have to go in. One less person they have to help.

I grabbed the list my wife prepared and headed out to the store. And since I needed a blog topic for today, you too can experience the joy of shopping the night before Thanksgiving.

On the list:


Onion powder


Distilled water


Onions (I guess you can't have enough...)


Coconut water


And, ice cream.

"Getting everything we need tonight so we don't have to come back on Thanksgiving Day," I said to the cashier during those awkward pauses that always happen.





"Everyone says that, but it never happens. They always forget something," she said.

One of us is right. Time will tell who.

No comments:

Post a Comment