Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Thank You Call Climate...Mr. Furnace Fixer Man!


For those who know me personally, they know that I can, at certain times, be a bit dense. I'm not the most observant fellow. But this morning I did notice something.

A cold house.

Granted, it was 5:45am and I was the only one up. Even so, it's usually not that cold when I get up. My loving and considerate wife has set the thermostat to fire up the furnace before I wake up. I got dressed, gathered my stuff and went to kiss my wife goodbye for the day.

"The heat's out," she said in a dreamy state. I asked her what she meant by that.

"Last night I heard it click on, but the blower didn't put out any heat." I told her I'd call the repairman at Call Climate (they put in our furnace when we built the house and have been wonderful to work with ever since...) when I got to work.

And I did.

And they told me the next available appointment they had was Friday.

Friday.

A few things came to mind after hanging up. In the fall--especially on the radio--there are multiple ads from heating and cooling services warning us all that it's time to get our furnaces checked. Funny how those thoughts go through your mind when it's too late to do what they suggested we all do. Then again, we had our furnace serviced last winter. How could we have known it would conk out on us? I quickly checked the weather between the time of the call and Friday.

The Forecast:

COLD.

I called my wife and she quickly called Call Climate and made an appointment for Friday. She then called other places to see if we could have someone--anyone come out today. A few hours later I got a text saying Call Climate had a cancelation and they were coming right over. To make an already too long story just a bit longer, we now have a warm house and the bill was very small. 

Sorry we did not follow your advice earlier and have things checked out before it got too cold. Thankfully, we didn't have to suffer the ill effects of our neglect too long. And thanks, Call Climate! You really came through for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment