Wednesday, November 8, 2017

To Celebrate Spencer's Birthday...Here's Some Lightstick FX Photos!


I met Spencer on a train going to Salt Lake Comic Con--I forget which one. He had with him a large piece of luggage and he looked like someone who was headed to the event. As was I. We stuck up a conversation and I learned he was from Arizona and it was his first time attending Salt Lake's largest geek convention.

I decided to look him up once everything got going. He's a very engaging person. We chatted and he showed me what he was peddling. The thing that impressed me the most was what he called Lightsticks. They're small thin plastic rods of various colors. Then he showed me what they did. 


I'm still blown away by their simplicity. 

You turn on your phone's flash, have a person strike a pose, either holding a lightsaber or if they have a weapon, they can pose with that too. Then the photographer holds the plastic rod in front of the camera lens, adjusts it just right, then takes a picture. If you're interested in getting some for yourself, just click HERE for the website. As you can see in these photos, some turned out better than others. The ability of the photographer plays a huge part in making it look just right.

Tonight at rehearsal (in between acts...), I asked several of my fellow cast members to pose for me. More wanted to, but we ran out of time.

 Happy birthday Spence! Hope it was great!











No comments:

Post a Comment