Friday, November 10, 2017

Watching A Very Efficient Pizza Worker...


Tonight my wife and I had our first date night in several months. I had a weekend job in September and October which took away all our possible Friday and/or Saturday date night opportunities. There's lot of places to get dinner--more now near us than there have ever been--but we both decided pizza sounded great for tonight.

If you're not familiar with the fast food chain Blaze Pizza, you should check it out. They've perfected making personal pizzas in about as much time as it would take to get a value meal at a burger joint. We placed our order on-line then I drove down and waited for them to fire up our dinners.

Tonight--like most nights--the place was packed. I've been there many times when it's packed and I've seen the pizza cut and serve area a real mess. Most times this area has pizza after pizza waiting to be cut and served.

But not tonight. 

I don't know his name, but because I had to wait for our food to cook, I had nothing to do but watch this employee work. He was great, efficient, no wasted movements. He even used the pizza cutter to shave off the burned crusts around the pizza edge. It was actually cool to watch.

I know there's many videos on-line that show workers who know and do their jobs really well. My little video isn't all that spectacular, but as I waited it was nice to see an overworked and probably underpaid employee do a really good job.


No comments:

Post a Comment