Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Motivation Posters At Work...What Motivates You?


You know how, when you see the same things every day, you get blind to them? Maybe you don't, but I know I do. I've blogged about the amount of motivational posters we have in my building at work. It's a little too much, if you ask me. I understand the reason for them and it's a personal preference thing. They used to bug me, but after months and months, I really don't see them anymore.


Which is why I did notice a change that happened this week. In our break room where two large posters showing what is acceptable and unacceptable office attire once hung, I saw two new posters, big, beautiful pictures.

It made me smile.


The pictures are not of the same thing. One is of the Golden Gate Bridge, the other a path covered by fauna. Both beautiful, but for different reasons. There is beauty in the things created by us, just as there is beauty in the things created by God. Each have their place, each--when done right-- compliment each other.


When I saw the new pictures, I looked again at a few of the motivational posters hanging around my work station. It made me wonder what's really motivating. Am I more motivated to work harder, do more with pictures of beauty without the quotes? 


Or, perhaps a better question is, if I were surrounded by incredible pictures without quotes, would I start to not see them after a while? My guess is it would be the latter. Maybe I should revisit the photos that already exist in the building with a new perspective.


Then again, maybe I should just stay at my desk and get my work done. That's the motivation I think everyone's looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment